Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ponderings and emotions

  • this giants/dodgers rivalry is back full force and I love that! and thankful we didn't get swept.
  • I've recently discovered Bejeweled Blitz on the facebook. I'm beyond addicted. But yesterday as I was playing, I had to wonder if my addiction was simply because I'm so awesome at the game (which I am) or because the voice telling you "Go" and other stuff is eerily similar to the "Finish Him" voice on Mortal Kombat II. That was a great game. Many hours of my youth was spent on my Sega Genesis playing that before my mom took it away because it was "too violent" I'm still bitter about that. That bitterness rivals only my bitterness of giving away my original Nintendo and my bitterness of not getting to watch Casper in 8th grade because there were ghosts involved.
  • I'm ready for the new job. though it really has been a bit nice to not do much. but it shall be nice to have a purpose...not A Purpose-Driven Life, but just living with purpose. Yeah, there's a big difference.
  • ready for some new TV shows to start up. I'm going through some withdrawals.
  • I've said it before, I'll say it again: I HATE THE DODGERS, but I love Vin Scully.
  • went to Target the other day and saw that all the seasons of Alias were only $12.99 a piece. That was disheartening when I thought about the fact that you could get all the seasons for how much I paid for one and a half. The curse of tv on dvd addiction.
  • I'm excited for fall to get here. When I was in Monterey a couple weeks ago, there was fog, I wore jeans and a sweatshirt, I ate soup, it was glorious. I'm over the upper 90s. Bring on the fall!

3 comments:

Moore Musings said...

$12.99! $12.99!!!!!!! That is an outrage!!!!!

sigh. I love alias.

Moore Musings said...

ps- Im going to click now :)

Alisa Marie said...

ps - bejeweled is the shiz.