Thursday, October 23, 2008

Popped Culture: Music Edition

  • Beyonce apparently learned nothing from the great Garth Brooks. Have you heard she's launching an "alternative personality" named Sasha Fierce. She's the personality that comes to life when Beyonce performs. Riiiiiiight. I'm sure she's no Chris Gains but I am sure this is just ridiculous. And I don't actually care much about Beyonce. Although her new song "If I were a Boy" has grown on me (though again, if she were a boy? Is Beyonce (Mrs. Jay - Z) really that unhappy as herself?)
  • Oh JT. Are you for real? Have you heard he's retiring SexyBack? The song is a groovy good time that again grew on me. The title is a catchphrase that is kinda still relevant. I mean we all know what you're talking about when you say you're bringing sexy back (it's already been broughten. Oh what! sorry, that was lame) I actually wonder though, what does it mean to retire a song? I mean, I know that the song has surely made enough money to retire to Florida and live a happy life but is that what it does? What if it decides retirement is boring? Will it come back and REALLY bring SexyBack?
  • I could care less about the new Guns and Roses album. But what is awesome is the fact that Dr Pepper offered free DP to EVERYONE in the band got its act together and actually finished the album this year. They actually did. Whether the DP challenge is what made it happen or not, still brilliant on the DP. Now, I get a free Dr Pepper. yum.

4 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

* Is this alter ego the one that will fall on her face at concerts? Or maybe she can duel host like Garth/Chris did on SNL

*Does that mean its not allowed to be played on radios on in da club? Does that mean It's now considered old and geezerish if I say i'm bringing sexy back? Will the song/phrase have a retired jersey hung in staples center?

*I have Dr Pepper. Welcome to the jungle.

(on a personal note - yea for you blogging more!!!!

Moore Musings said...

They should advertise for the release of their new album with the video of Alisa and I singing welcome to the jungle on our roswell trip. oh yeah.

Alisa Marie said...

yeah, the one where my shirt is backwards, and no one is watching the road while we drive...

Alisa Marie said...

ps - "i have dr pepper" should read "i HATE dr pepper", sorry for any confusion.