Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weekly TV Round Up (little late)

Well, last week was a shortened TV Week thanks to the V.P. Debate. The debate was pretty good...I only got to see the end but both seemed to hold their own...but I was a little peeved to get my shows back for one week and then get denied a new episode for 2 weeks. Seriously, why not just wait to premiere until after the debate? But I digress.

MONDAY

  • HIMYM has really hit the ground running this season. I was worried about the gimmicky-ness the Regis Philbin guest star would offer but there was no need to worry. It fit in perfectly in the absurd world. And how amazing was the spoof "Fifty Million Dollar Heads or Tails" and the fact that jobless Marshall was watching. Underpants ratio=brilliant. One should watch this show simply for the sheer amount of awesomeness that is coined in each catch phrase. True Story.
  • OTH went all slasher movie at the end there. I mean seriously, there are not corn fields all over the Carolinas. But the beauty of Deb smashing psycho nanny in the head with the "no more dan" victory bottle of champagne was great...as was dan actually finishing the job. They actually unknowingly worked together to help their family. And Nathan's dream of playing basketball got his hopes up and then crashing back down after being offered the coaching job instead. The GM of the team? The racist best friend of Gerry Bertere on Remember the Titans. Hard to believe it's been 8 years since that movie...
  • Heroes. Lots of potential. Looking forward to where we are being taken this season.

TUESDAY

  • Fringe was great. Pacey is in for real now. I should really start referring to him as his new character name I suppose... But anyway, I am just loving all the different relationship dynamics...and the awesome F/X. Fantastic.

WEDNESDAY

  • Bones+Office=good TV. Interesting twists for sure and as my friend put it: "I'll never look at my stapler the same" And I'm actually starting to like Cam and Sweets as characters.

THURSDAY

  • The only new show was Ugly Betty and I thought it was one of the best episodes they've had in a very long time. for realz. Betty kicking a puppy. Amanda singing Marc a lullaby as Betty took his job. Good times all around. Good to see it getting back to season one glory.

SATURDAY

  • SNL. It had really gone downhill the last few years. I watched the season opener (Michael Phelps hosting...obviously I am in) and got a few chuckles from the Palin/Clinton cold open and the Phelps diet but besides that...eh. Caught a little bit last week. This week, I missed the first 20 minutes but recorded the rest and surprise! Found myself laughing. A lot. Especially at the Mary Poppins bit. Supercalifr....will never be heard the same :) And good ol Weekend Update. I wonder, who's taking Amy's spot when she goes on maternity leave? Will Seth go the old skool route of solo anchor a la Chevy or Norm? Or will we get a whole new team? I still worry about the whole cast in general without Amy Poelher...she's still in like every sketch and makes everything funnier. Who's stepping up when that baby pops out?

3 comments:

Moore Musings said...

yeah... totally saw the "we want you to coach" thing coming. It would be way too easy to get him back in that quick. Excited for slam ball though. hahaha

Office was on wed? wtf?

Alisa Marie said...

what about office??? did i miss it last week? am i an idiot? you suck DVR season pass, your supposed to catch crap like that.


PS i only call josh by his true identity - Charlie Conway.

supercommonname said...

sorry, no The Office was on. Bones took place in an office. Which made for great interaction for the anthropologist and the hot FBI guy. but The Office is on this week. WAHOOOOOOO!