Friday, November 14, 2008

Weekly TV Roundup

Yes, I'm a slacker. But this week warranted that I actually do this.

MONDAY
  • Big Bang Theory. Klingon Boggle. Smart creepsters tracking down the ANTM house. The Battle Royale between Penny and Sheldon. Humor all around. Watch the show people, it's fun times.
  • HIMYM. Not A Fathers Day (there is an actual website. I love the interaction of this show!) The correlation between a baby and drunk Lily was brilliant. And Ted is already a dorky dad. Love it.
  • Chuck. This show is so awesomely reminiscent of the cheesy action crime shows of the 80s it makes me happy. Plus it's a hybrid of The OC and Alias. Plus it's got Tony Hale from Arrested Development.
  • OTH. It was good...save for the USO concert. I was actually really disappointed in that. And the thought kept running through my head "would a bunch of military men be so stoked for a concert with a couple of slow emo-ish songs sung by ladies? i mean really." But I am excited for the next couple weeks episodes.
  • Heroes. This show is so lost right now, it's sad. I could tell what it was trying to do, but it just didn't do it for me. Here's to hoping for better things in the second half of the season.

TUESDAY

  • Fringe. It felt like forever since there had been an episode. And it had been. But, it wasn't too bad. I think it's still finding its feet. I still say it needs a little Greg Grunberg...

WEDNESDAY

  • Bones. So stinkin' happy it is back. And loved the episode this week with Booth's bro. We finally got some insight to Booth and I really appreciated how it was written and played out. Definitely one of the better episodes all season...getting back to the characters and away from the random cases and intern shuffle.

THURSDAY

  • Ugly Betty. I'm digging Marc's new emo boy haircut. Great one liners. The heart is definitely back this season.
  • Greys. The episode ended with a big WTF. Seriously? Ridiculous. Really pissed me off. I love me some Jeffery Dean Morgan and his scruff and ability to look good in a T Shirt but seriously? Enough already. I truly feel sorry for the actors who play Alex and George. When are they getting decent storylines for their characters again? But I really appreciate the McSteamy and Callie friendship which will eventually lead to a true relationship that neither have had. (though the whole Little Sloan stays out of Little Grey was great) And the Yang/Hot Army Doc tension/relationship is excellent. and p.s. I think that Vaughn needs to come back and kill Lauren Reed again. I'm just saying. That's always who she'll be and I irrationally already hate her character.
  • The Office. I missed the beginning but who cares. The Oscar/Andy drunk dynamic was fabulous. I love it.

And now I'm off to go see Bond 22. Yay!!! I've only been waiting 3 years. This last couple of hours has been killing me. Slightly excited. Have a great weekend!

No comments: