Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekly TV Roundup

I meant to start this last week, but I'm a slacker. Plus, at the end of the week, no whining about spoilers. So here we go...

My Week in TV

MONDAY---The level of excitement for returning shows was quite high, as were expectations. And let me tell you, my shows delivered.
  • How I Met Your Mother continues to be one of the greatest shows on television. My friendship with Briana Moore is on hold until she watches the episode "Do I Know You?" and if you are a Star Wars nerd like some people I know, my friendship with you is on hold until you watch it too. Also, it's possible to catch feelings, even if you use protection. That's an important lesson learned thanks to Barney. Watch it people!
  • Big Bang Theory...just started watching last season. It's fun...and funny. Not must-see tv but a good time in a land with too few sitcoms. Check it out.
  • Let me put it this way, I was still on a Heroes high Tuesday morning. It is defintely on its way back to good. Mohinder has been so hungry for superpowers that I think it could be very interesting to see where it takes him...I hope so anyways because some of it just came out of left field. But future Ando and Hiro!! And future Peter (which I actually called as the shooter). Have these guys never watched Back to the Future?! Or even Bill and Ted's....you just don't mess with the Space Time Continuum (another reference to the HIMYM episode, actually) But overall, really glad to have it back and explore the dark side.
  • Not a season premere but One Tree Hill still has become one of the best written shows on tv. It's my guilty pleasure that is now guilt-free. Though I am ready for a little more humor and a little less psycho nanny.

TUESDAY

  • Fringe. I am enjoying it so far. I'm not a sci-fi junkie by any means and I never watched X Files or have gotten fully hooked on Lost but it's got enough Alias-J.J. in it that I can appreciate it. Plus, Pacey/Charlie. Enough said. And the dad is hilarious. Let's make some LSD. Seriously? Excited to see where it goes.

WEDNESDAY

  • BONES. Oh how I love thee...as a girl who was raised on the sexual tension of Moonlighting and more hour-long crime/medical/mystery shows than you could throw a stick at...it's everything I love in a show. Smart, funny, rewards long-time viewers, true to life and ridiculous at the same time. I have mixed feelings on the Zach situation. Of course he could figure it out and that everyone loves him, but really, taking him out to pie at the diner? I don't know. But, it's been great so far this year and shall get better I am sure (Booth's brother is coming to visit. that shall = awesome, no doubt about it)

THURSDAY---Oh Thursday. It's been my TV night for as long as I can remember, thank you Must See TV. And this season it tis once again.

  • Ugly Betty. I was hooked first season. Got over it a bit last season...missed the fun. This season, I don't know. The whole Meade family dinner with Daniel's french son (where did that come from?! I don't think I like it) And Daniel's sweatsuits at his new magazine? I don't know. So far, bleh.
  • GREY'S IS BACK! and I don't mean, hey, the new season started, it's back. I mean, the sassy/sad ratio is back to perfection. The good Grey's is back. and it was G-double O-D good. My actual favorite storyline from Friday was McSteamy and Lexie. Loved the wisdom coming from McSteamy of all people(can't refer to him as Sloan...too many Alias memories). And yeah, it was just good.
  • So, last season, as much as I love The Office, by the end of all the one-hour episodes I defintely was beginning to think that a half hour was the perfect amount of Office. But the season premiere used every minute for pure comedic gold. Seriously. Nothing could have been cut out. Nor should have been. Holly putting her foot in her mouth about Kevin being mentally slow...Dwight and Angela's love beeper (and what was with the boombox?)...Ryan back...Pam doing the talking head interview on video chat...Michael in the fat suit with his fat pictures actually making Kelly feel good about herself (question. sure, the fat suit was his sumo suit not blown up all the way..but where did he get his actual suit? It was much bigger than his)...and the rest stop in the rain. Oh my...twas fantastic!
  • ER has been a part of my life for over half of my life. I've watched since the beginning. I used to do my vocab during the commercials whilst in high school. It always delivers. And this week it did again. I hadn't even watched last season's finale and I was still bawling. ER just knows how to be great. Great characters...you become emotionally attached. When one passes you feel it, and they do a fine job of offering continuity for us long time loyal watchers. Excited and saddened for the final season.

2 comments:

Alisa Marie said...

Monday -

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER I have a huge crush on Jason Segal, like totally love his (its ok, Tad knows) and that episode about starwars totally killed me. "121 awesome minutes later."

Never have gotten into Heros. it was good the first season... eh.

Tuesday -

FRINGE - Its ok. true dorkery is reserved for the true dork. i have faith you'll get there. I think I love JJs feel. its all over that...strong female... the "mystery box" I adore walter. I also adore Charlie Conway. WHAT THE CRAP IS WRONG WITH HIM I ASK!!!!!

Wednesday -

Only one question. Why don't you watch Project Runway. there is no excuse. its the only reality TV i watch now. (well that and Biggest loser...)

Thursday -

Betty - I watch betty just to see betty. I love that they never take themselves to seriously. (french kid = daniel knocked up some model 12 years ago and then she died of cancer)

Office - i HATE the hour long episode. it totally ruined last season - they way ran outta ideas. but your right this one was good....Fav lines: jim to dwight following shot gun wedding comment "thats not what you think it is...." and the whole "how's my fav. branch doing" moment

Grey's - I am so glad Mere isn't dark and twisty. last season she was ragged and narly looking and she was starting to annoy me. I just wanna hug alex good will hunting style and tell him to stop being an ass. "its not your fault... its not your fault."



i feel better now... thanks.

James said...

You're completely right about HIMYM.

And the Office.


For me that's my week - those two shows. I'm pretty set with that.